Thursday, June 11, 2009

Stupid Expressions that really piss me off.

This will be a list of words, and expressions that piss me off royally. 

1. "Right in your backyard." - I swear if that were true, then my backyard would be really fucking cramped. Now don't get me wrong, I know what its literally supposed to mean. Its supposed to be another way of creating a shorter distance between your house and the business. But their are plenty of other expressions that can be used to relate proximity rather putting everything within a 20 minute drive in my backyard. "Right around the corner" comes to mind, and really this expression doesn't scream, "HEY I CAN SEE YOU IN THE SHOWER FROM OUT HERE!"

2. "They" - If there was one group of people out there that does more work than anybody and knows more then anybody, its definitely "They." The word gets tossed around in every damn situation. From the weather, "They are saying rain." To sports, "They say that he will be out for the season." And the list goes on and on. I only have two questions; how do "They" know so much, and who exactly are "They?" Well I can answer both those questions with one single answer. "They" are simply known as "The Pentavarite." And these people meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado known as "The Meadows." Now who you may you ask is in this Pentavarite? Well I know... The Queen. The Vatican. The Gettys. The Rothchilds and Colonel Sanders before he died.

3. "Its as easy as riding a bike." - This could really just be me, but I never found riding a bike to be all that easy. I dont have much balance when it comes to anything like that...which is why I never had a skateboard or a bike. I just fall off way to easily. And it really pisses me off that people can say that anything is as easy as riding a bike because I never could do it. In my world nothing is as easy as riding a bike... hell riding a bike isn't as easy as riding a bike. In my world riding a bike is more like "its as easy as trying to jump off The Empire State Building and surviving." It just wont happen. 

4.  "New and Improved" - Pick one. If something is new, then why improve it so fast? And if it is new and had to be improved doesnt that show how bad your product really is? And if something is improved, then it really cant be new can it? If you add something to an already existing product, then it cant really be new...its just an improvement. It can never be both. 

That is all I got for right now. I am sure I will think of more later on in the day and when I do.. I will be sure to blog them all. 


Peace

A Double

No comments:

Post a Comment